Petschek Villa is located in Bubeneč, and because its current owner is from the USA, the address changed in 2011 from the original Zikmunda Wintra Street to Ronalda Regana No. 181/3. It houses the embassy of the United States of America.
Construction began in 1924 under the supervision of architect Max Spielmann, an expert in historicising styles. Otto Petschek wanted a residence for himself and his family that would testify to his social status while meeting the demands of taste, luxury and extravagance. It was to be pleasant for living and offer room for a sumptuous social life, which the doctor of law and member of a banking family surely indulged in.
At the age of twenty-four, he was not concerned about the budget and therefore bought 2 hectares of land. The architectural landmark is surrounded by a luxurious garden, giving the whole building prestige. The building itself was designed as a two-storey villa with a central rotunda, adjoined by two wings opening onto the garden facing south-east.
The building is entered through a labyrinth of two coat rooms, leading to the central rotunda and the winter garden, separated from the outdoor terrace by a glass wall. The ground floor served for social functions, while the first floor was reserved for the family of Otto Petschek. There is a seven-room apartment on the second floor. The specific features of the villa include a music salon in Louis XVI style, a room with a mirror wall and a special floor for rhythmic lessons, a gym and an 18 metre basement pool. There are 148 rooms in the building in total.
The total costs for construction of the building and the lush interior decor by Emil Gerstl company, amounting to 300 million crowns, made it the most expensive villa in Prague. Its technical facilities could be rivalled only by the Tugendhat Villa in Brno. It was a jewel in its time and remains so to this day.