We have for you, ideas for three luxury drinks for the Christmas period and New Year’s Eve. You can mix the unique Bugsy's Christmas Rum Punch exactly the way they serve it in the luxury bar in Prague, Karlovy Vary Punch or the simplest alternative New Year’s Eve Punch, in which you can experiment with the ingredients you like best.
This is one of the best-selling rum-based drinks in Bugsy's Bar. Light and dark rum is complemented by homemade sugar syrup, fresh lime juice, Angostura bitters and two varieties of juice - guava and passion fruit. All of this has nutmeg grated on the top which wonderfully aromatises the whole combination and with a view to the fact that we want to experience the maximum flavour, it is important to drink it without a straw. The “icing on the cake” is provided by a cocktail stick with Amarena cherries to accompany that nutmeg on the surface of the drink and these cherries are also perfect to eat together with it.
40 ml Mayer's dark rum
40 ml Havana 3 aňos
10 ml sugar syrup – boiled 1:1 sugar and water.
20 ml fresh lime juice
80 ml passion fruit juice
80 ml guava juice
1 splash of Angostura bitters
Shake all of this thoroughly in a shaker and serve over ice cubes. Decorate with Amarena cherries and nutmeg.
A punch is given with a fist and a fist is made up of five clenched fingers. This is why punch is mixed using five ingredients: Sweet, bitter, sour, non-alcoholic and alcoholic. A bowl is used to mix things in. So, as the name implies, the drink will be mixed in a large bowl. You will also need mugs, ideally with a handle. It is quite a good idea to have 2-3 in reserve, unless they are plastic. You can be certain that they will come in handy and definitely have some spare mugs with handles on hand, as the closer you get to midnight, the more often you will be needing them. So be careful not to miss the toast!!!
Fill a clean bowl with ice and then just measure in the drinks:
1. Alcohol base – usually cane sugar rum, but it could be anything with a proven origin. Gin, vodka or Becherovka – basically whatever you like.
2. Something sour – lime or lemon juice is recommended.
3. Something bitter – about 200 ml of Fernet left over from last Christmas will be more than enough. The bitter taste will bring the other ingredients into a luxurious harmony of flavours.
4. Something non-alcoholic – this serves to practically fill out the volume and refine the flavour. Fruit juice or carbonated water is usually used. Apple juice is a great ingredient which works well with anything. You can however combine 1:1 juice + carbonated water or sparkling wine.
5. Something sweet – for example fruit cordial from your grandmother, liqueur or honey which you can easily mix with water 2:1.
Mix everything together and garnish with fruit which you can then eat over the course of the evening.
40 ml Becherovka
20 ml Apricot brandy
10 ml fresh lime juice
40 ml apple juice
80 ml Champagne / prosecco
Sweeten or add lime according to taste. Garnish with broken-up bits of cinnamon and dried apricots.
Wishing you a Happy New Year and all the best for 2017!
The Bugsy’s Team