The luxurious locality, enticing with its greenery and silence, is situated between Košíře, Černý vrch and Malvazinky. It is separated by Plzeňská road from the next part of Císařka and Klamovka. The location will also be appreciated by those who require proximity to shops, health facilities and accessibility to the center within ten minutes.
Nowadays, a very popular and enjoyable bonus is fast access to virtually everything and Kavalírka has a great advantage here. If you desire the buzz of big city life, Anděl is just a short drive away with a variety of restaurants, cafés, giant administrative buildings or the shopping center Nový Smíchov.
There are several beautiful parks nearby, such as Cibulka with a beautiful lookout tower, Kavalírka, Klamovka and, last but not least, the natural landmark Vidoule, forming a significant landscape element with its forests.
In the vicinity of Kavalírka there are historic villas which are home to several embassies. The luxury villas include the Villa Božínka. Until the early 17th century, it was called Schneiderka. True fame was brought to Božínka by the eccentric traveler, ethnographer and botanist Alberto Vojtech Frič.
The Kavalírka estate dates back to the early 18th century. Since 1923, it has served as the seat of the Ringhoffer family. It acquired its current neo-classical luxury in the 19th century. It gained fame and public awareness thanks to the film studio and company for exact optics called SrvBa Štys, because the filmmakers were those who demanded high quality optics. It gained popularity with its silent films. During the Second World War, the estate served primarily for German military purposes. After World War II, a pavilion designed by the amazing architect Jan Kotěra was placed in the garden.